From Zero to ADF is designed to jumpstart data engineering and data integration developers, introducing them to Azure Data Factory (ADF). ADF is a cloud data engineering and data integration platform designed to orchestrate data-related activities and move data between sources and sinks in the cloud, on-premises, and combinations thereof.
Lesson 0: Introduction
- Training overview, expectations, and introductions.
Lesson 1: Provision a Data Factory
- Examine Azure Portal
- Examine ARM template
- Survey ADF artifacts
- Create Your First ADF Pipeline
Lesson 2: Basic Data Movement
- Copy Data Activity
- Delete Activity
- Stored Procedure Activity
Lesson 3: Pipeline Orchestration
- Conditional, Lookup, ForEach Activities
- Manual triggers
Lesson 4: Introduction to Mapping Data Flows
Lesson 5: Monitoring ADF
- ADF Portal
Lesson 6: Azure-SSIS
- Provision Azure-SSIS instance
- Lifting and shifting on-premises SSIS to Azure-SSIS
Lesson 7: Enterprise ADF Execution Patterns
- Leveraging the Parent-Child design pattern to build a metadata-driven SSIS execution engine.
- Mixing pipeline and SSIS execution
Register today! I hope to see you there.