Integration Services Extension v3.9 is now available for Visual Studio 2019.
I tested the skip-package-validation feature and I like it!
Interesting (to me) is skipping deployment to Azure-SSIS for all target server version except SSIS 2017.
Version 3.9 (Current Version):
- Release Date: August 24th, 2020
- Build Version: 15.0.2000.128
- Tested against Visual Studio 2019 16.7
- What’s new:
- Allow users to skip validation when opening packages, which improves the performance. Please refer to this article for more details.
- Block deployment to Azure-SSIS when target server version is not SQL Server 2017.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed some issues related to accessibility and high-DPI.
- Known issues:
- SQL Server Native Client (SQLNCLI11.1) is deprecated and not installed by VS2019. We recommend upgrading to the new Microsoft OLE DB driver for SQL Server. If you want to continue using SQL Server Native Client, you can download and install it from here.
- SSIS Execute Package Task doesn’t support debugging when ExecuteOutOfProcess is set to True.