SQL Saturday 841 – Dallas has four precons scheduled for 31 May. Four. If you have ever organized a SQL Saturday or similarly-sized event, you know this takes a lot of hard work. Hat’s off to the organizers!
I describe the precon presenters as, “A bunch of really smart people – plus me!” Chris Hyde, Adam Saxton, and Brent Ozar… and me. I look at that list and start humming the Sesame Street tune, “One of These Things is Not Like the Other“…
Intelligent Data Integration through SSIS
- Build data integration faster.
- Make data integration execution more manageable.
- Build faster data integration.
We start with Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) and walk through beginning topics to using a Biml Framework to build data integration faster. Next we look at SSIS Design Patterns to make SSIS perform faster. We wrap up with a nod to the SSIS Catalog and some automation options for custom frameworks.
What is Intelligent Data Integration? SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) packages developed using tried and true design patterns, built to participate in a DevOps enterprise practicing DILM (Data Integration Lifecycle Management), produced using Biml (Business Intelligence Markup Language) and executed using an SSIS Framework.
Attend a day of training focused on intelligent data integration delivered by an experienced SSIS consultant who has also led an enterprise team of several ETL developers during multiple projects that spanned 2.5 years (and delivered).
Attendees will learn:
- a holistic approach to data integration design.
- a methodology for enterprise data integration that spans development through operational support.
- how automation changes everything. Including data integration with SSIS.
- SSIS Design Patterns
- Executing SSIS in the Enterprise
- Custom SSIS Execution Frameworks
- DevOps and SSIS
- Biml, Biml Frameworks, and Tools
Prerequisites: Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
I hope to see you there!