Bad Presentations

In just a few short weeks I am attending the PASS Summit 2018 in Seattle. Whenever I attend an event like the Summit or SQL Saturday I attempt to attend presentations of interest to me. I love learning new stuff! Good and Less-Good Most of the presentations I attend are good. Some are really good. They …
Continue reading Bad Presentations

Free Stuff for People Who Give Back: Announcing 2019 Scholarships

Do you work for a charity or non-profit organization? Submit your application today. I haven’t advertised this in the past and… I’m not sure why: I donate licenses for SSIS Catalog Compare and (non-free) SSIS Framework Editions – and subscriptions to Biml Academy and SSIS Academy – and Enterprise Data & Analytics Training – to individuals who …
Continue reading Free Stuff for People Who Give Back: Announcing 2019 Scholarships

It Costs Precisely $0.00USD to be Nice

Be nice. We all have bad days. I know I do. It seems like I get interrupted about 1,000 times more when I’m busy than when I’m not busy. Why is that? Is it some vast universal conspiracy to rob me of productive work? Is it all in my head? I am not sure. One …
Continue reading It Costs Precisely $0.00USD to be Nice

PASS Summit 2018 Starts in 10 Weeks!

Can you believe the PASS Summit 2018 begins only 10 weeks from today (27 Aug 2018)? I confess, this is sneaking up on me fast! I will be there. Will you? Where Can You Find Andy at the PASS Summit 2018? Precon! Monday 5 Nov 2018, I’m delivering a full-day pre-conference session titled Intelligent Data …
Continue reading PASS Summit 2018 Starts in 10 Weeks!

One Solution to Presentation Categories

I’ve shared suggestions for improving presentation categories: One Solution to Presentation Levels One Solution to Presentation Tracks My chief concern is the scalar nature of the selections (the “Naked Scalar”). As I pointed out in both posts, I’ve been delivering presentations to the SQL Server Community for more than a decade and I’ve never – …
Continue reading One Solution to Presentation Categories

What if You Just Helped?

Serious question: “What if you just helped?” What do I mean by “just helped?” I mean, what if – when you saw (or read or heard about) someone that needs help – you helped? “I can’t afford to help, Andy.” Are you sure about that? If you read a tweet from someone who’s struggling at …
Continue reading What if You Just Helped?

T-SQL Tuesday 102: Giving Back

I enjoy the privilege and honor of participating in the SQL Server Community alongside many who read this blog. And I know from past experience that some reading this post will make the switch from consumers-only in our community to sharers and consumers one day. For my part, I consume more than I contribute. I …
Continue reading T-SQL Tuesday 102: Giving Back

Stack Overflow Wants to Change

This week Stack Overflow shared a blog post titled Stack Overflow Isn’t Very Welcoming. It’s Time for That to Change. I admire the courage and the transparency a great deal. It takes guts to admit mistakes and serious guts to publicly air the dirty laundry. Kudos to Stack Overflow. Why I Stopped Contributing to the Stack Overflow Conversation I …
Continue reading Stack Overflow Wants to Change

Who is Exhibiting at the PASS Summit 2018? Enterprise Data & Analytics, That’s Who!

I am honored and excited to announce that Enterprise Data & Analytics will be an exhibitor at the PASS Summit 2018! If you browse on over to the PASS Summit Sponsors page and scroll to the Exhibitors section, you’ll find us listed: Honored and excited – that’s me! I see – and have lived – …
Continue reading Who is Exhibiting at the PASS Summit 2018? Enterprise Data & Analytics, That’s Who!